The account executive is an important position on the account service team. This position is mostly responsible for tactical account work; however, the account executive also interacts directly with the client, and does provide counsel and recommendations. This position conducts research and contributes to the strategic planning process. Ideal candidates have a thirst for knowledge, all-in attitude, unparalleled energy and a knack for coordinating teams in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Coordinates teams (creative, digital, media) to complete tactical assignments.
- Contributes to strategy development and conducts research.
- Manages tactical implementation. This includes:
- Meets with clients.
- Delivers recommendations and smart counsel on a daily basis.
- Participates in client presentations.
- Develops and implements plan tactics.
- Develops and monitors project budgets.
- Reports value and results to clients.
- Writes news releases, service reports, and a variety of other communication materials.
- Participates in new business meetings and presentations.
- Assists in identifying account growth opportunities that could lead to new business.
- Provides support to account supervisors and team members.
- Prepares project budgets.
- Conducts and/or oversees research activities and contributes to insights.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
One to three years of communications experience is preferred, including time spent in direct account management. Journalism and/or agency background is a plus.
A four-year college degree, preferably in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications, is required.
If you’re a team player with a strong worth ethic, high standards and a desire to continue to learn and grow, please send your letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org