Public Relations Strategist
Public Relations Strategist
We’re looking to add to our Proventus Consulting division. The Public Relations Strategist plays an important role on the team – it is a client-facing role and one that requires frequent interaction with members of the media. The PR Strategist is responsible for developing and executing on media relations and marketing strategies for our clients. The position requires the individual think both strategically and creatively to garner the best results possible and to ensure our clients are receiving the best outcomes. Previous legal marketing or PR experience is a plus with this role, which works almost exclusively with law firm clients.
We’re interested in candidates with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, communications or marketing – graduate degree a plus. Minimum five years’ experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations and/or business development fields.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead in the execution of client public relations and marketing strategies that: increase the visibility of our clients among target audiences; strengthen their reputations in the industry; and create results that can be leveraged to support their business development efforts. In executing on this primary responsibility, the Public Relations Specialist is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars that track national legal and business media, as well as media of interest in the local markets where our clients have a presence.
- Writing and distributing news releases and proactively engaging key media on behalf of clients.
- Identifying and pursuing thought leadership opportunities for clients that may come in the form of contributing writing and speaking roles.
- Serving as editor and ghostwriter on substantive legal issues and matters of interest to client target audiences.
- Providing strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media, analysts and influencers.
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating PR results on a regular basis.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and making appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies.
- Connecting with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about client news and other initiatives.
- Collaborating with client stakeholders to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership material.
- Educating and supporting clients regarding public relations strategy value and best practices.
- Coordinating creation, production and distribution of a range of print and electronic materials, including marketing collateral, business development proposals, newsletters, e-alerts, invitations, etc.
- Assisting in the development and management of social media programs, including ad placement and management as well as content creation.
- Leading efforts to coordinate national, regional and local nominations and awards for clients, including development and submission of nominations for law firms and their individual attorneys.
- Assisting in the creation of industry ranking submissions including researching, writing and editing pitches to encourage consideration of clients for inclusion in a variety of industry guides.
Proventus Consulting, a division of Trozzolo Communications Group, is a marketing, public relations and business development agency that stands out for its commitment to and specific experience with serving the legal and professional services industry. We are passionate about developing and executing on cost efficient marketing and public relations strategies that drive business development for clients. Our approach is unique not only for our experience and alternative fee structures, but also for the fact that we integrate ourselves with our client teams as a way to improve collaboration and positive outcomes that align with specific marketing and business development objectives.
Ready to grow? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.