Public Relations Account Executive
Public Relations Account Executive
The Public Relations Account Executive plays an important role on the agency’s Proventus Consulting team, which serves businesses and law firms within the legal industry.
This is a client-facing role and one that requires frequent interaction with national business and legal industry media. The PR Account Executive is responsible for developing and executing on media relations and marketing strategies for our clients that align with and advance their business development objectives. The position requires the individual think both strategically and creatively to garner the best results possible. Previous legal marketing or PR experience is a plus with this role, which works almost exclusively with law firm clients and other businesses within the legal vertical.
We’re interested in candidates with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, communications or marketing – graduate degree a plus. Minimum five years’ experience in legal public relations, corporate communications, journalism, marketing and/or business development fields.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead in the execution of client public relations and marketing strategies that: increase the visibility of our clients among target audiences; strengthen their reputations in the industry; and create results that can be leveraged to support their business development efforts.
In executing on this primary responsibility, the Public Relations Specialist is responsible for:
- Strategically pursuing opportunities for clients to be engaged with media that align with their business development interests.
- Cultivating productive relationships with client contacts in a manner that allows for the advancement of various marketing strategies.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of clients’ businesses and industry trends affecting clients and cultivating opportunities relevant to both.
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars that track national legal and business media, as well as media of interest in the local markets where our clients have a presence.
- Writing and distributing news releases and proactively engaging key media on behalf of clients.
- Identifying and pursuing thought leadership opportunities for clients.
- Serving as editor and ghostwriter on substantive legal issues and matters of interest to target audiences.
- Coordinating creation, production and distribution of a range of print and electronic materials, including marketing collateral, business development proposals, newsletters, e-alerts, invitations, etc.
- Assisting in the development and management of social media programs, including ad placement and management as well as content creation.
- Leading efforts to coordinate national, regional and local nominations and awards for clients, including development and submission of nominations for law firms and their individual attorneys.
- Assisting in the creation of industry ranking submissions including researching, writing and editing pitches to encourage consideration of clients for inclusion in a variety of industry guides.
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating PR results with clients on a regular basis.
Proventus Consulting, a division of Trozzolo Communications Group, is a marketing, public relations and business development agency that stands out for its commitment to serving the legal industry. Our agency is a recognized leader in the field with Lawdragon magazine naming it as one of the top 100 consultants in the national legal industry and The National Law Journal recognizing our team as the No. 1 agency for law firms in each of five marketing related categories of its 2019 Best of the Midwest special edition. At our core, we are consultants who are most passionate about developing and executing on marketing, communications and public relations strategies that drive business development for clients.
Ready to grow? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Whiners need not apply.